Grass Valley USA, LLC, Grass Valley Canada and their subsidiaries and affiliates ("Grass Valley", "we", "our", or "us") respect your right to privacy. The Grass Valley group is made up of numerous individual companies each of which may act as a data controller in relation to the processing activities described below. A "data controller" is an organization that decides why and how your personal information is processed. Whenever dealing with one of our companies, that particular Grass Valley company will be the data controller. A list of the subsidiaries and affiliates which currently form part of the Grass Valley group is available upon request. Whenever dealing with one of our companies, the relevant Grass Valley company is the data controller in relation to the processing activities described below. Where this policy refers to "Grass Valley", "we", "our", or "us" below, unless it mentions otherwise, it’s referring to the particular company that is the controller of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information about our employees as well as data processing by other companies who may collect and use your personal information to offer relevant online advertisements to you (including advertisements about our products and services).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
For more information about Grass Valley, please see the "About Us" section of our Websites at https://www.grassvalley.com/about.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
- What personal information does Grass Valley collect and why?
- Who does Grass Valley share my personal information with?
- Linked Sites
- Basis for processing personal information
- Cookies and similar tracking technology
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Children and privacy
- Your data protection rights and choices
- Modifications to Our Privacy notice
- Contact Us
What personal information does Grass Valley collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our websites or mobile apps and the websites or mobile apps of our affiliates and subsidiaries ("Website or Mobile App") may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily.
|Context||Types of Information||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Information
|Account Registration||When you register an account, we collect your name, address, e-mail address, company affiliation, telephone number, your marketing preferences, banking/billing information and other similar information.||If you are a customer or potential customer, we will use this information in connection with the contract for the supply of services when it is needed to carry out that contract or for you to enter into it.
We also may have a legitimate interest in providing account related functionalities to our users, including notifying you about important product information and information concerning our professional relationship.
|Provision of services or products||Where we have supplied you (or continue to supply you) with any services or products, or where you are in discussions with us about any new product or service, we will collect your name, address, e-mail address, company affiliation, telephone number, banking/billing information and other similar information (including any information contained within our correspondence or other communications.||We will use this information in connection with the contract for the supply of services when it is needed to carry out that contract or for you to enter into it|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address or postal address. As a customer, you will be given the opportunity, after registration, to notify us of your desire not to receive any further promotional e-mails from us.||We share marketing information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information. In certain instances, we may share information about important changes to our Website or Mobile App, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business and it is permitted under applicable data protection laws.|
|Partner Promotion||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company. This may include your name, email address or postal address.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.|
|Requests/Support||If you contact us for support, fill out and submit an online form, or request us to contact you, we collect your name, e-mail address, company affiliation, telephone number, state, and country, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to contact you or process your request.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving and processing your requests, administering our business activities, and providing customer service.|
Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose additional information that may be requested. Information requested via surveys and contests may include additional demographic information.
|We have a legitimate interest in understanding your opinions and collecting information relevant to our organization..|
|Trade Shows & Industry Events||You may provide information to us at a trade show where Grass Valley or a Grass Valley subsidiary is represented, either by manually proving us with your contact information or by presenting your badge or other credential for scanning.||We share marketing information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information. In certain instances, we may share information about products, services and special offers we think you will find valuable where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business and it is permitted under applicable data protection laws.|
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website or Mobile App, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP addresses, Internet domain names, the web browser and operating system used to access the Website or Mobile App, the files or pages visited, the time spent in each file or page, and the time and date of each visit. We use this information to improve our Website or Mobile App, for example by enhancing pages or features that are visited frequently, and on occasion we may share aggregated data based on this information with our affiliates or other third party companies to provide them with an indication of the amount of interest in our Website or Mobile App for advertising purposes and to help us plan for technical improvements. We may also collect any personal data which you allow to be shared that is part of your public profile or third party social network.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading "Cookies and similar tracking technology" below.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. The types of information we collect from third parties may include marketing information provided by trade shows and professional and other relevant information available to us on social networks about employment candidates. We use the information we receive from these third parties to allow us to make more informed decisions, improve the accuracy of records we hold, and occasionally to reach out to you regarding items or issues we believe interest you.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we may use personal information in the following ways to pursue our legitimate interests as a business, or that of a third party::
- to correspond or communicate with you;
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorized access;
- for prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- for the establishment and defense of our legal rights;
- to improve our services and product offerings or monitor the quality of our support and communications to customers;
- to conduct analytics to inform our business and/or marketing strategy;
- to respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests (including in connection with the exercise of your data subject rights);
- to send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions;
- for internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships and deliver internal projects;
- for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Where there is a legal requirement, we will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations: (i) to assist any public authority or criminal investigation body; (ii) to identify you when you contact us; and/or (iii) to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you. We may use information about to which we collect from publicly available or other sources to verify the information that you give to us for this purpose.
Who does Grass Valley share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, who may assist us in providing certain aspects of our service or, where you use our website to enquire about a particular product or service, we may share your personal information with the affiliate responsible for providing that particular product or service, and in which case that affiliate will process your personal information as a separate controller.
- to third party services providers, agents, subcontractors, and partners who provide data processing services to us Such third parties may include information technology providers, CRM providers, marketing agencies, research companies, cloud service providers (such as hosting and email management), data analytics providers, data backup providers, security services providers, advertising agencies, and administrative services to, for example, support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website or Mobile App, conduct surveys, provide technical support, and process payments, or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information. When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your personal information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions or for a specified purpose.
- to our professional advisers such as our lawyers, auditors, insurers and partner financial institutions in the countries in which we operate and who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accountancy services but only where we are either legally oblige to share, or have a legitimate interest in sharing, your personal information;
- to credit/debit card payment processors when you purchase any products or services online, your credit/debit card payment is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specializes in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person, or (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies;
- to a potential buyer or investor (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, including at the negotiation stage; and
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
It is important to note that our Website or Mobile App contains links to other websites and that those other websites. This privacy notice does not apply to those other websites‚ so we encourage you to read their privacy statements. This includes links from advertisers, content providers and trade partners who may use our logo and/or style as part of a co-branding agreement. These other websites may collect data from you that we would not and may use that data in ways that we would not. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links that we provide. In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
Basis for processing personal information
Although the section "What personal information does Grass Valley collect and why?" describes our primary purpose in collecting and using your personal information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you order our services/products, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How do we keep your personal information secure?
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, certain Website or Mobile App assets and our corporate headquarters are located in the United States, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of these countries.
If we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate safeguards are implemented and security measures are taken with the aim of ensuing that your personal information will remain protected and your privacy rights continue to be protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal information and/or undertaking risk assessments to understand the data protection laws and protections in the country where the recipient is based. Please contact us using the details at the end of this policy for more information about the protections that we put in place.
Typically, we retain personal information we collect from you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
The only exceptions to the above are:
- to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement;
- where the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- where you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law; or
- in limited cases, the law permits us to keep your personal information indefinitely provided we put certain protections in place.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete the personal information that we hold about you from our systems. After that time, we may aggregate the data (from which you cannot be identified) and retain it for analytical purposes.
More detailed information on our data retention programs may be provided upon receipt of an appropriate request.
Children and privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from or about children age 13 and under.
Your data protection rights and data subject access rights
Depending on your country or state of residence, you may have certain data protection rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. These are set out below. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information.
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us in a manner consistent with our Data Subject Access Rights policy ("DSAR Policy"). If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you or grant your request to delete such information. You should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes. In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights in a manner consistent with our DSAR Policy.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe," "opt-out," or similar link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us in a manner consistent with our DSAR Policy.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- If you are in the European Union or United Kingdom, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
If you wish to exercise any of the Data Subject Rights referred to above, please contact us by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with our Data Subject Access Rights Policy and applicable data protection laws.
Our Data Subject Access Rights Policy and more detailed information on how to submit a request is available upon request.
Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Sections 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of personal information are collected, "sold" or transferred for an organization's "business purpose"(as those terms are defined under California law). You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect and share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we collect and share about people other than yourself. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, you can submit a request using the contact details provided under the "How to contact us" heading below. We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise any of their rights described in this Privacy Notice.
Modifications to Our Privacy Notice
Grass Valley reserves the right to change our Privacy Notice at any time, except as may be prohibited by law. We will post revisions online and any changes will take effect 7 days after the date on which we post the modified terms on our website. We recommend that you regularly check for changes and note the effective date of the latest version at the bottom of the Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with any aspect of the updated policy, you must immediately notify us and cease using our services.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or would like additional information about our privacy practices, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
You can also mail us at:
Attention: Legal Department
ul. Pawia 23
31-154 Kraków, Poland
Want more information? Well, you’re in the right place! Complete the form below and we’ll be in contact ASAP